look at eBay for a good laugh

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

This must be legitimate, right?  After all, this guy has "CONVICTIONS".  Hey, I'm CONVICTED that my car will never need an oil change (at least for 25 years).  I feel convicted about that, THEREFORE, it is true!!

If this fellow could prove that his piano is self tuning, don't ya think he would get a heck of a lot more money from it say, from someone who's specializes in rare or one of a kind items?  Why in the world would he just sell it on ebay.

This guys is stating that this piano is "self-tuning".  If that is true, then one of us should go over there, put the piano out of tune horribly, then wait a month, come back, and the piano will automatically go back in tune, ON IT'S OWN!!

By the way, my car does self oil changes.  All I need to do is set a box with four quarts of oil on top of my hood, then wait.  The oil slowly desolves through the box, and hood and into the car.  Anyone want to buy my car?!?!

Matthew

Tvak@aol.com wrote:
List

Entitled LOVELY BALDWIN SELF TUNING PIANO, (Item number: 7313688832) this item is presently for sale in eBay.  No one has bid on it yet!  I think some of my clients must have this same model, because they call me once and then I don't hear from them again for 5 years or more.

Below is the description of the item, taken from the eBay listing itself.

Tom Sivak
Chicago Chapter PTG Associate

This lovely Baldwin acrosonic piano has been in my family for 25 years. We bought it new. It somehow self-adjusts so that the notes remain in tune relative to each other, but compared to the same note on an electronic keyboard, or pitch fork, it will probably be off. It could use a professional tuning after 25 years. We never tuned it!! Even after moving with me from Chicago (large temperature & humidity fluctuations) and sitting in a (climate-controlled) storage facility for two years, it's it tune!

** A piano technician has informed me that there is no such thing as a "self-tuning" piano.  I, however, stand by my convictions that THIS piano has remained in tune (one note in relation to the next) for the time that we've owned it.  If a buyer is expecting to tune a piano once or twice a year ($80-150 each time), they will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of maintenance required for this particular piano.  I cannot vouch for other owners of Acrosonic models. ***

Matthew Todd
Todd Piano Works
Piano Tuner/Technician
Tuning - Repairing - Regulating