Pedal Rod bushings

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:29:11 -0700

Hi,Phil!
The simplest and long lasting pedal rod bushing is easily made from
Backcheck Leather strips,2 pieces about 3/4" long crossing each other and
under pressure of the rod they buttom-up.Finish with sharp razor blade.I
shared this in my Pedal class and then it appeared in the Journal a few
month later in 2003.. The rubber bushings on Yamahas and Steinways don't
last as long as leather and leather never sqeaks.. Try to make it even from
an old back check,cut-off the leather from 2 of them and try it. Another
important detail: make sure pedal rod doesn't have burrs and sharp edges on
either side,otherwise buff it on a 3M LIGHT DEBURRING WHEEL
Good Luck!  Isaac
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:13 AM
To: Newtonville
Subject: Pedal Rod bushings

..the kind found at the bottom of the pedal rods on Grands. I spoke with
one supplier yesterday who informed me that they have none, and shared
with me a method for making a bushing for this part of the piano..but I
am interested if someone knows where I could find such a part.

Thanks.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)