onlypure tuning

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:51:16 +0100

Big Smile !!

David writes

I don't know any German, but in English we have words to make comparisons.
One thing is "good", another "better" then only one can be "best".
There are words that have to have a different form of comparison for example "dead".
There isn't any "deader" or "deadest" it's rather "nearly dead", "more nearly dead"
and "dead".
-------

Me thinks you forgot "very dead" and "as dead as it gets", not to mention "it woke up dead" or "born dead"

-------
This method of comparison also has to be used on the word "equal".
There is "nearly equal" "more nearly equal" and "equal".  The "onlypure" tuning is
either equal temperament or it is not. If you can patent "equal" maybe you can patent "dead".

You'll make a fortune!

hehe... He lives in Germany David... not Beverly Hills.

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt@smu.edu <mailto:dporritt@smu.edu>

Cheers