Tadashi Grand

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:31:33 -0700

Hi, John,

There were a number of these imported (by Sherman/Clay, out here) during
that period.  They were actually sort of popular with folks who wanted a
reasonable quality instrument without paying for upper-end Yamaha/Kawai,
let alone M&H or S&S.

As to current value, the original sales price was (roughly) in the range of
the G series Yamaha.  Most of the ones I remember have been pretty much as
you describe.  I do not think that they have been in production, let alone
imported for some time.

They really do "clean up" quite nicely, over all - as long as one is
realistic about what the end result will be.

Sorry - no numbers for you.

Best.

Horace