Overdamper questions.

Steve Martin smartin@dodo.com.au
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:46:46 +1000

Hello list

my apologies for not posting for a long time - been looking though.
I've got an old overdamper in the shop at the moment, some work is =
required . I'm gonna replace keytops and weights.
The action was done up I'd say no more than 10 years ago but the piano =
has no letoff rail!! I've never seen this before!
Is this common amongst older overdampers?
Also the tech replaced the dampers with normal V and W's in the bass and =
underdamper felt in the treble.
I was always told that this wouldn't work at all as opposed to normal Od =
dampers hardly working!
 Can anyone advise me. I need to know because I have to replace all the =
key weights (swollen) before I know what else to do!!
Also the piano is a H.Kohl Hamburg sn 3702.If  anyone can tell me its =
age that would also be appreciated.=20
Thanks,

Steve.