Tacks Sheeeesh!!

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:15:53 -0300

MessageI partially disagree. =20
I use a spot of glue.
I have run across too many, that the cork has fallen out.
I don't mean surround the hole with glue, too much is a problem to =
remove.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 10:05 PM
  Subject: RE: Tacks Sheeeesh!!

  Yes, forget the tacks. BUT please, please, please, please, please, =
please, please, please, please, please, puhleeeeeease DON'T put any glue =
on corks--the next tech who has to replace any tapes will hate you =
forever. There are three sizes of corks; the right size, carefully =
inserted, will work just fine. Buy or make an inserter, life becomes =
sweet. Or if you have a weirdball piano where no size fits (?) or a =
piano without the pass-thru holes in the catcher, go to standard tapes =
and glue.

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO