Wax buildup

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:22:51 -0700

Acetone will not harm polyester.  I wish it would.  I don't know of
anything that will soften or remove polyester, except maybe heat.  You
could use it to remove wax, but like Mark says, why use something so
aggressive when simple naptha will do.  It will look dull when you're done,
however, which is why I suggested using a plastic polish afterwards.  In
fact, I'd bet that the plastic cleaners from Meguiar's will take the wax
off by themselves.
Anybody know how to strip a polyester finish with solvents?
Paul McCloud
San Diego