New York vs. Hamburg S&S

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:15:37 +1000

William,

To my knowledge,IMHO, if the frame has only New York on it then that is
where it came from. If it has Hamburg and New York on it then it comes from
Hamburg. As we mainly see Hamburg S&S here in Australia, They all have both
Hamburg & New York on the Frame.

Cheers
Kerry Cooper

-----Original Message-----
From: William R. Monroe [mailto:pianotech@a440piano.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 April 2005 7:46 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: New York vs. Hamburg S&S

List,

I know we've touched on this before, but just a quickie:

S&S "O", #227719, 2 pedals.  Owner claims it is a Hamburg made instrument.
The plate in the upper treble region says, S&S, New York, only.
If the plate says "New York" on it anywhere, is there any chance it is a
Hamburg?

Respectfully,
William R. Monroe