DMSO

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:54:55 -0700

Avery Todd asked: "I'm showing my ignorance here, but what is DMSO?"

Avery,
That stands for DiMethylSulfOxide! It is a derivitive from wood. =
Weyhauser discovered the stuff, many years ago. It's original purpose =
was to clean metal. Somewhere along the way it was found to have =
anti-inflammatory properties that help ease Arthritis. There are several =
grades. There is Industrial: used for metal, etc. Veternary: used on =
animals with ailments like hip displacure, as in Dacshounds & German =
Shephards. And, Medical: used for Arthritis treatment. That's all I =
know. And, I'm sure there's a whole lot of info available. (That I don't =
need to know.<G>)
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police