Easy Ivory removal

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:05:43 -0500

Be a nice guy and buy your wife a new iron!   Often you can buy an old iron
for a dollar at a rummage sale.   As far as removing old ivory pieces,
steaming the ivories off is the way to go, exactly as Robin has
described.  Also, if you hold the key front against the iron for about 5
seconds, you can heat the old plastic fronts enough to remove them with a
sharp knife.  Be careful not to do this if the plastic is celluloid!

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO