Wurliter puzzler

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:38:43 -0700

If after you've tried everything everyone else has recommended,=
 look to see if the legs could be covering the screw going up=
 from below.   Just last week I had to jack up the trebel side=
 and remove the leg to get to the screw...unlikely though...this=
 was a Cable grand.

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: John Gilmore
Subject: Wurliter puzzler

Hello everyone =96

My name is John Gilmore and I=92m a piano tech in Portland, OR. =
 I=92ve got a puzzle on my hands that I hope someone can help me=
 with.

Recently, I was called to service a short 1930=92s Wurlitzer grand.=
  I needed to pull the action, so I removed the key slip, which=
 was attached with four screws.  Then I tried to remove the=
 blocks and fall board =96 but could not find how they were=
 attached to the piano.  No screws from underneath the blocks or=
 on the diagonal at the bass and treble ends.  The fallboard=
 hinges are only party visible, so I could see no screws there to=
 take out so as to remove the fall first.  I removed the small=
 rubber buttons from the tops of the blocks in hopes of finding=
 screws under them =96 nothing.  First time in 15 years that this=
 kind of thing has happened!

Does anyone out there have an idea?  Any input would be much=
 appreciated.

Thanks!