restring a grand

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:30:42 -0500

Hi Terry,

I have used an air hammer on the past 3 or 4 jobs!  Works great!  However,
the last two jobs ended up not as good as if I had used a sledge hammer and
tuning pin punch.  The end result was loose tuning pins in a new block, and
I think that the loose tuning pins were the result of the air hammer.  It
is very easy to put a tuning pin in at an angle and damage the interior of
the hole in the pinblock.

Be careful to put the tuning pin in the hole at the correct angle, or
beware of the possibility of loose tuning pins later.

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO