Bridge pin angles

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:57:21 -0500

>>Perhaps, if only to validate the math indicating the minor roll
>>downbearing plays here.
>

> That was my thinking.

Still, it seems so unnecessarily redundant when a check of the crush
angle at a notch edge, like the photo I posted, shows such a much
higher angle than any amount of functional downbearing could
possibly produce. But then I suppose experimentation to disprove the
impossible is as valuable as experimentation to discover or
demonstrate the actual.

>>To determine an affect, you need to detect a cause. If you're trying to
>>determine whether bridge caps rising and pushing strings up pins crushed
>>the cap, there ought to be a measurement of how much relative movement
>>between pin and cap occurs at the cap surface.
>>Ron N
>

> How do you measure this?
>
> Phil F

Directly. Overall height from bridge bottom to pin top less overall
height from bridge bottom to bridge top.