getting ivory into the US

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:27:57 -0600

Speaking of ivory keytops...I was told many years ago that many of what
is regarded as "ivory" in keytops is actually bone.  My source, who was
an antique dealer also told me that the only definitive way to tell the
difference is to taste them.  According to him, ivory tastes salty.
Comments??
Fran Helms,
Topeka,Ks

>>> "D.L. Bullock" <dlbullock@att.net> 2/1/2005 12:43:01 AM >>>
To transport an old piano with ivory keys to the US. you must remove
and box
up the white keys and UPS them to the US.  You can then send the piano
with
black keys only through customs.  It is so incredibly stupid to quibble
over
antique ivory when the purpose of the law is to stop new ivory.  This
is the
only way I know to be sure the piano will get to keep its original 100
year
old ivory.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com <http://www.thepianoworld.com>

Do you or your family have a health challenge?  Put YOUR BODY'S OWN
IMMUNE
SYSTEM to work for you----It is capable of repairing itself from EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://bullock.myglycostore.com <http://bullock.myglycostore.com/>  to
get
the right fuel

Visit  http://bullock.goldenkeys.net/ to investigate a great automated
home
based business to get your products for free.