aint what I signed up for

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 23:36:36 +0100

On 5-feb-05, at 23:00, Richard Brekne wrote:

>  This is where I have to disagree with you my freind. There is no=20
> evidence to support the claim that using ETD's (without qualification=20=

> of how they are used) in general contributes to a positive=20
> developement in a tuners skills.=A0 My own experience with the US=20
> testing process would indicate to me that there is indeed good cause=20=

> for concern.

I am of the opposite opinion :
Having tuned myself to death aurally, I now have more time to=20
concentrate on unisons and on setting the tuning pins, because my ETD=20
'shows' me when a string goes off.
That's one, or two.
Furthermore, I noticed that when my battery was down, or better, the=20
battery of my ETD (; >)) it took me only a few minutes to stand up from=20=

the mental blow of not having a pilot anymore, but I then noticed that=20=

my hearing had become more adapted to the sharpness and fabulous=20
precision of my ETD. In other words, I wish to copy the clean results=20
of my ETD.
So it actually has made me a better tuner.
And believe me, it is like walking, or riding a bicycle : you never=20
un-learn that.

friendly greetings
from
ANDR=C9 OOREBEEK