First Pitch Raise

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:58:04 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 7:17 PM
  Subject: First Pitch Raise

  Hello all,

  I just performed my first pitch raise (aural) in a clients home today. =
 It went really well...my arm is tired.  I just had a quick question.

  After the pitch raise, and while I was fine tuning, a few of the =
strings in the tenor section started ringing when I played them.  What =
would cause that?  Thanks!

  Matthew Todd

      Matthew,
      That's cause you broke the piano.
      Just kidding---
      How old---How cheap was the piano.
      I pitch raised a "Grand" spinet and had complaints along these =
lines.
      Old uprights with hard as rock dampers can develop this "leakage " =
after a big P.R.
      Or maybe the ringing was always there and you didn't hear it =
because you were playing ---not tuning=20
      Tom Driscoll RPT