conversion

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:08:42 +1100

>Can anyone clue me in as to how to convert 7mm into thousandths of an inch?
>Thanks,
>Jim
>James Grebe
>Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair

Hi Jim,

To convert to thousandths multiply *mm by 39.37. To convert to inches
multiply *mm by 0.03937.

For those of you who use Macs, a competent on-screen shareware
calculator (available in both English and French versions) is
download-able from James Thomson's
"Pcalc" website. Visit the Pcalc homepage at;

http://www.pcalc.com/

This capable calculator can be used in standard or Reverse Polish
(RPN) formats. Furthermore, the RPN option has 16 data levels! To use
in RPN format, just click on the RPN button once the calculator
launches.

When using this calculator with my Powerbook I plug a USB extended
keyboard, since the number pad allows me to operate Pcalc is if it is
a real calculator. Nothing annoys me more, or slows down the entry of
data, than struggling with the number buttons across the top of the
laptop keyboard.

In addition to functioning as a standalone calculator, Pcalc has a
well equipped functions drop-down menu, where you will find most of
the conversions you require at the click of a mouse. And you can open
and use multiple copies of Pcalc together. I like it.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers