First Pitch Raise

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:18:57 EST

In a message dated 2/5/05 6:58:21 PM, tomtuner@comcast.net writes:

> Or maybe the ringing was always there and you didn't hear=A0it because you=
=20
> were playing ---not tuning
>=20

I don't know how many time I've noticed something like a leaking damper AFTE=
R=20
I got done tuning.   You should always check the piano before putting a tool=
=20
on it.   That way the client, AND you, both know that this is a problem that=
=20
was there when you arrived, and that you didn't cause it.   =20

However, here's something that you might actually have done to cause this. =20=
=20
If you don't raise the damper pedal when you put in your strip mute, you can=
=20
compress the damper felt.    This could cause the problem.

Tom Sivak
Chicago PTG Associate