Conversion

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:38:56 -0800

Joe,

I just can't believe you get pissed about anything.   You're so=
 easy going...

David I.

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Conversion

David Porritt said: "If you just use the 7mm it's much easier=
 than 0.2755905511811"
David,
Easier for What? Certainly not drills or bolts or any other=
 materials we acquire here in the US. For Regulation of Foreign=
 made pianos, yes, but that's about it IMO! Granted, if=
 everything was metric, I wouldn't have a problem with it. BUT IT=
 AIN'T! I still get pissed when someone tries to force a concept=
 on me. For you younger, more flexible of mind types, go for it.=
 I could care less. But for me, mechanical measurements make more=
 sense in 10ths, 100ths, etc. AND, by the way, when trying to do=
 extreme machining to +/- .0001" I'd prefer that to whatever the=
 decimal equivelant is.
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I