Laminated Soundboard Blues

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:05:34 +1100

>Aren't Ron Overs' pianos made with a laminated soundboard?  Perhaps I am
>wrong but I thought that was the case.   I'd have to say from my limited
>exposure to his piano in Reno, the sound was not in the least
>compromised.
>
>David Love
>davidlovepianos@comcast.net

Yes David, all but one of our pianos have laminated soundboards. The
piano at Reno had a laminated panel. Thanks for coming to the
laminated panel's defence. The idea is being rejected simply on the
basis of low end trashy pianos using low end trashy non-spruce
laminated panels. When is some sanity going to come to this matter? I
believe the concept warrants further serious consideration. But I'll
no doubt be accused by some of pushing my own barrow.

If one wants to be kept in ignorance, by all means keep listening to
the uninformed chatter of salespeople, or the chatter of those who
chose a word/email processor as his/her primary research tool.

The problem of our age is sorting the worthwhile information from the
oceans of BS and chaff.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY