Laminated Soundboards

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:45:38 -0500

Put me down for $20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Richard Brekne
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 12:46 PM
To: Newtonburg
Subject: Laminated Soundboards

Ok you guys... grin..

I've seen this one several times... even Stephen Birkett threw this one
into the frey a while back.... But... being basically an openminded guy
despite my skepticismacal type nature, I would just love to see somebody
prove this point by constructing such a soundboard, installing it in a
reasonble quality rebuild project... and bringing it to a few of the
major conventions to show.  Heck... I'd even encourage the PTG to find a
way of funding such a project, and would happilly be a contributor to
the cause.

Cant think of a better way to prove the point then to put one on the
table.  The great SB challange of 2005.

RicB

/Ron N writes

/>/ //I see no reason that //a
/>/ well functioning soundboard couldn't be made using the old Story & Clark
/>/ Incomparable Storytone Mahogany Plywood crating stock, with a little
/>/ awareness and a few necessary design changes.

/to whit Horace replies

Yes - absolutely.