piano tuner's nightmare?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:49:59 EST

Alexander,

Is that the tuning pins I see on the UNDERSIDE of the pin block?  If  not,
whither might they be?

Looks like the whole thing is upside down.

Dave Stahl

terry@farrellpiano.com writes:

YIKES! I think that I have heard of some pianos that had  up-side-down
soundboards, i.e. strung on the bottom side. Can I assume this is  one? Wow, very
intersting. Appears that the board is ribbed much like a square  grand with thin
flat ribs. Also appears to have a monster bass cut-off bar and  a fish!

Any more photos? Any more details? Anyone else know of  any details regarding
this most unusual design?

Is the date accurate? Did pianos have seven full octaves  in 1845?

Thanks for sharing!

Terry Farrell