Archive Garble

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:29:21 -0500

Hi Joe,=20

<<[G] Welcome to my world! (Digest) hehe Now you have a small idea what =
I've been carping about. It really gets lovely, when a few of y'all like =
to use fancy fonts, etc.!!! Our illustrious Frenchman uses such. Makes =
for all kinds of fun deciphering, essentially informative posts.>>

old-fashioned code hacker!</p>

Consider it a golden opportunity to learn HTML code from the bottom up!  =
<wink>

Seriously, if you see lots of these sorts of control codes, it's =
probably because your emailer is ancient and can't recognize HTML.  The =
"=3D20" and "=3D30" thingies are quite another matter.  They are indeed =
control codes (like carriage returns, end paragraphs, etc.), but they're =
not HTML.  I think they're artifacts left behind when certain word =
processors are used for composing emails.  Dunno...  Strangely enough, a =
readable "=3D30" is EXPECTED at the end of press releases, as shorthand =
that the recipient has reached the end of the press release -- a bit =
like the final few bars of 90% of all symphonies.  ;-)

Peace,
Sarah

Oh yeah...
=3D30

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  RicB said: "Can anyone tell me why half the posts archived are =
cluttered with  " =3D=20
  20 " and other such garbel  written every other line or so. Causes a =
lot=20
  of distraction when trying read through posts.  Take the following =
clip=20
  from a random post.....

  Would be nice to see if there was anyway of stripping posts from these =

  codes... if thats what they are."
  Cheers
  RicB,
  [G] Welcome to my world! (Digest) hehe Now you have a small idea what =
I've been carping about. It really gets lovely, when a few of y'all like =
to use fancy fonts, etc.!!! Our illustrious Frenchman uses such. Makes =
for all kinds of fun deciphering, essentially informative posts.
  Regards,

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I