Square Grand Tuning

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 05:04:36 -0800

Ok Joe, I'll talk to them today if they are at the Ca convention. Why =
not a regional or state convention? Maybe you could sell copies of the =
class tape. Make it DVD, I don't have tape player. With the new digital =
cameras you could make a really nice one.=20

Off to see the wizard,

Keith
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Square Grand Tuning

  Keith Roberts said: "Sure Joe, how many people do you know that can =
mentor a square grand =3D
  tuning? The ones in my area are far to busy to ask. So tell us how. We =
=3D
  want to know."
  Keith,
  I'll not do that on this forum. However, if there is such interest, =
I'd suggest you contact the Institute Committee and request such a class =
is needed. I'll be happy to do it. I've offered it for the past ten =
years. I did a class on repairs a few years back and it was poorly =
attended. If I did the class, the convention would have to be on the =
West Coast. That way I could borrow one of my clients Squares for the =
class. (With major insurance and assurances!) The last time we had the =
National (read International), in Portland, I did an overview class on =
Square Pianos & Bird-Cages. That class is on video tape. And, I think =
it's available from Potter.
  I would need at least three hours for such a class in order to give =
the subject matter proper coverage. K?
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police