Missing plate bolt on 1997 Yamaha GP1?

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:01:21 -0500

I tightened the plate bolts on a 1997 Yamaha GP1 (5'1") yesterday, and =
noticed that the one near the rim in the high treble is missing (near =
the hitch pins of the 7th octave).  These are bright chrome Phillips =
heads, about 3/4" diameter (the heads).  Looking through the hole in the =
plate, I can see there's a hole in the soundboard below.

Should it be replaced?  And excuse my ignorance, but would it be a lag =
bolt (big wood screw)?  The hole didn't go all the way through, so I =
assume it's not a nut and bolt.

I was startled to see the upside-down humidistat, until I saw the =
sticker that said "On grands, mount this side up"...  First I'd seen =
that.

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV