5'4" sounds like 9'?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:25:18 -0600

At 15:56 2/10/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Seen at
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43376&item=3780479203&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW:
>
>referring to a 5'4" M&H--
>"Presented here is a Maison & Hamlin Parlor Grand Piano. This piano was
>produced circa 1930's and was a prototype for a piano designed to fit into
>spaces that would not accommodate a full grand or baby grand, yet would
>yield the same sound as a concert grand . . .

Somebody please hold me back...

>. . . repair of the soundboard can be made easily in your own home, by you."

I'm really disappointed and self-flagulating to find out that s/b repairs
are that simple. I guess I always do things the hard way. Interesting that
there aren't any tight shots of that soundboard cracking problem, huh?

>This particular piano was built specifically for a famous Broadway
>lyricist (who we cannot name), at his request and therefore has no serial
>number.

Yeah, right.
I don't see any black lettering,  so I would more guess that the plate has
been repainted and the serial# covered up, forgotten and didn't know to
look on the keybed or anywhere else.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder