False email containing virus

Brian Lawson ptg@pianotech.org
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:46:42 +0200

Hi, when on list admin duty I often see virus emails with spoofed (forged)
addresses - even once with your address. Because they contain an attachment
they don't get to the list subscribers but everyone should always be alert.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Newtonburg" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 6:54 PM
Subject: False email containing virus

Hi folks..

just thought I might throw up a warning flag, I've recieved 4 posts
today and 3 yesterday from Del Fandrichs email address and all of them
contained the latest virus spew that seems to be circling the globe.
MailChaser spotted them before I even downloaded them so I am
unaffected... but you want to watch closely whose mail you are opening.

CHeers
RicB