Bass bridge pins

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:29:34 -0000

Hello List
About a year ago I made a comment on the list relating to the bass =
bridge having only one pin per covered string instead of the usual two =
pins. For two pins I'll now divulge how the lateral forces of the =
strings did not cause any problems. There are many makes using this =
feature, amongst them are Challen and Broadwood. In both cases the piano =
is a baby grand - i.e. only about 4' long. Half the strings are biassed =
in one direction and the other half.... yes! You've guessed it! - are =
biassed in the other direction. Maybe there's something to be learned =
from this.....
Regards from Sunny Sussex-on-Sea
Michael G.(UK)