S+S Keys

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:13:57 +0100

On 13-feb-05, at 15:36, Clark Sprague wrote:

> Hello, List!=A0 I have a 1904 Steinway A in my shop, and I have a=20
> question for you.=A0 At one time, someone re-covered the keys, and the=20=

> first thing you notice, is, too wide gaps between the keys.=A0 Another=20=

> tech said to apply veneer to the sides before re-covering to the=20
> proper width.=A0 Can anyone tell me the proper width,=A0 and some=20
> suggestions as to=A0 how to obtain the proper veneer, some procedures=20=

> from your experience with this problem?=A0 Thanks!
> Clark A. Sprague, RPT
> csprague4@woh.rr.com
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Clark

In my experience, it is bets to send your keys to a factory where they=20=

do this all the time.
It will cost you, but in the end it probably looks the best and finest.

We do that all the time by sending our keys to Kluge.
They also have the latest Steinway Ivoplast.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

www.concertpianoservice.nl