More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:28:28 -0600

>>  This is the intent of RC&S construction method
>
>I'm sorry, I'm forgetting what the S stands for -- "stressed?" Please
>clarify this for an abbreviation-impaired non-rebuilder.
>
>Patrick Draine

Sorry, "supported". There's compression crowned (CC), rib crowned (RC) and
rib crowned and supported (RC&C). Rib crowned isn't necessarily rib
supported, as most rib crowned boards are still primarily (or at least
substantially) panel supported. As far as I am aware, Del, Ron O and I  are
the only ones building primarily rib crowned and supported soundboards. If
anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Ron N