Kawai RX-A

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:04:15 EST

Hi All,

On the way back from the CA conference in Sacramento, I had a job tuning  and
 doing some light voicing on a Kawai RXA.  I think it's around 10  years old,
serial number beginning with 241....

The piano is very nicely put together, and sounds, well, powerful, given
that it is a 6 1/2 foot piano(I think) in a 12 foot squar room.  After  tuning, I
did a bit of hammer shoe-shining, which really evened out the tone  nicely(no
need to get out the voicing tool I'd just bought from Jurgen at  Piano Forte
piano supplies at the conference...:-()

As I had the action on my lap, I was surprised to see no ABS parts.   There
may have been a flange hidden in  there, but it was not readily  apparent.  The
owner said that he had been told that the RXAs were  basically prototypes of
the Shigeru pianos.
Very interesting instrument, very powerful(especially in a cubicle-sized
room!).

Don, if you have any info on this piano, I'd be interested in knowing a bit
more about it.  It certainly didn't seem like a standard production  piano.

Also, thanks for the voicing class at the conference, especially the video
of the restaurant scene....:-).

Dave Stahl