Picasso tuning

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:43:02 -0600

At 07:52 2/14/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, it seems that "Picasso Tuning" is well defined already.  The
>off-hand way my customer used it wasn't in that vein.  Put it this way,
>some notes were in excess of 15 cents out of usual relationship with both
>their neighbors (not identifiably part of a well-temperament pattern or
>necessarily continued in octaves).  "Impressionist" might be a polite way
>to refer to that kind of tuning. ;-)
>
>Andrew

Obviously not being aware of the McKlveen reference, I also took it as
being somewhat less than complimentary.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder