Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Arnold Duin aduin@euronet.nl
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:13:43 +0100

Hallo Richard,

 >When the panel resists along the grain the whole
>unribbed assembly crowns (along the grain)  as a result of the strain
>between the panel and bridge.  Yes ??? Then as down bearing is added
>one sees additional compression along the grain.... yes ??

Sharp as ever, your are right that is the general idea. I think he also
mentioned that after gluing the bridge to board the moisture content of
the bridge was lowered to the same level  as the board prior to gluing
the ribs.

>I've often wondered if the ribs to more then simply strain and bend
>against the expansive stress placed on them by the panel.

If you want to achieve as much as stress a possible in a soundboard you
also want the ribs to be stressed and that will contribute to the
concept that you will get the best (fastest) sound transmission when
the material is under stress.

greetings
Arnold