Kawai RX-A

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:33:28 EST

Thanks for the info, Don.  It seems like much care was put into  building
this piano!

Dave S.

In a message dated 2/14/05 9:46:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
donmannino@comcast.net writes:

The RX-A  was the predecessor to the current SK-5.  It was, indeed, a very
nice  piano with a lot of power.

The action had the composite jack, and ABS  wippen flanges.  The ABS wippens
and hammer flanges were not introduced  until 1996, after the RX-A was out of
production.

By the way - I am  doing my Kawai carbon action program this week in Long
Island, NY (Broadway  Piano) and Memphis, TN (Lane Music) if anyone on the list
would like to  come.  The NY program is Tuesday afternoon / evening (paired
with a  voicing program) and Memphis is Friday night, I think.