CCLose Finished Pics

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:27:15 +0100

Hi Folks...

Putting the finishing bits on the CC Lose square rebuild that I've had
for about a year now.  Soundboard back in, with new ribs, all strung up
and tuned, action rebuilt, new hammer coverings, just about all leather,
felt and textile parts replaced.... etc etc ad absurdum.  Sounds really
quite nice.  I pretty much followed Joes advice on the ribbing, leaving
out the bass side cutoff bar he wanted.  My own reaction is that perhaps
I could have gotten a bit more sustain out of the high treble... but
then I've yet to hear one of these with much sustain up in those high
notes yet.  I'll see if I can get a recording up on this after a bit.

Here are a few slides just before final cleanup and delivery.

Cheers
RicB

http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/slide1.jpg
http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/slide2.jpg