Contract Tuning

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:48:45 -0600

Before I became full-time at the university I did give discounts to
teachers and professional musicians.  As my business increased, I found
that this was a mistake.  Over the years I reduced the discount to where
it became only a nominal discount to overcome this error.

=20

The problem was as my skill set increased I had more and more teachers
and professional musicians as my client base.  While the new
inexperienced guys were out tuning at full tariff, I was running around
giving more discounts than getting full fare.  I thought that as I got
better I should be making more not less.  I wished I had not started the
practice of giving discounts.

=20

dave

=20