Re-Pinning

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:33:41 -0800

Has anyone really used one of those widgets?   By the time your=
 done fiddling you could have it pinned.  Do it right!  This is a=
 good chance to learn re-pinning...Mannino broaches

David

Original message
From: Paul McCloud
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Re-Pinning

Hi, Richard.  You need to repin these flanges if you want them to=
 stay in place.  The pin is too loose in the wood of the flange. =
 The wood may have dried out, so the pin has become loose.  I've=
 seen widgets in supply house catalogs that wrap around flanges=
 to hold the pins in place.  If you just want to get out of=
 there, push them back in place.  The next guy will have to repin=
 them.  Just my take...
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego