Re-Pinning

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:33:36 EST

Reaming and repinning is the way to go.  It goes pretty quickly  after your
first dozen or so.  Birdseye's are tough...most of the  time!  Anything is just
buying time.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 2/16/05 9:34:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

Has  anyone really used one of those widgets?   By the time your done
fiddling you could have it pinned.  Do it right!  This is a good  chance to learn
re-pinning...Mannino broaches

David

____________________________________
 Original message
From: Paul McCloud
To: Pianotech
Subject:  RE: Re-Pinning

Hi, Richard.  You need  to repin these flanges if you want them to stay in
place.  The pin is too  loose in the wood of the flange.  The wood may have
dried out, so the pin  has become loose.  I've seen widgets in supply house
catalogs that wrap  around flanges to hold the pins in place.  If you just want to
get out of  there, push them back in place.  The next guy will have to repin
them.  Just my take...
    Paul  McCloud
    San  Diego