Automotive/Piano Links

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 05:20:07 -0600

Greg,

At 00:21 2/17/2005, you wrote:
>I don't have any definitive information, but here's some info that
>suggests a link:
>
>     Packard Motor Company started out in Warren, Ohio, but soon moved to
>     Detroit, Michigan.
>
>     The Packard Company which made pianos was in Ft. Wayne, Indiana,
>     which is not far from Detroit (aprox. 150 miles away).
>
>     The logos for both companies are not identical, but are surprisingly
>     similar:

As a former Packard motor car owner, I would be VERY surprised if there
wasn't a link.  Names and logos would have been changed drastically by
copyright infringement litigation if they were not.

If Link could make Pianos and flight simulators, why couldn't Packard with
it's foundry for auto parts not also make pianos?

Another similarity might be construction. Pre-Studebaker/Packard day
Packard cars and contemporary Packard pianos were definitely built to last.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder