Contract Tuning

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:22:23 -0600

Putting in my oar...Had a University Prof. once offer the comment that "A couple of things people don't want is cut rate doctors and cut rate piano tuners.  For both, they want top quality."   For what it's worth...
Fran Helms,
Topeka, KS

>>> Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks@yahoo.com> 2/17/2005 4:02:34 PM >>>
Well...if we are all excellent tuners (and I know I have a ways to go), your tunings should hold up after only three months (especially in a climate controlled environment), right?  So, the second tuning after only several months shouldn't take as much work as the first one did.

And man, I ain't talkin a huge discount either.  I had in mind maybe $20 off the price of 4 tunings.

How far do ya think I travel for tunings?

Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net> wrote:
Are you tuning less strings in subsequent visits after the first? Did it
become easier to get there after the first time? Did GAS prices go down?
..... then why are you offering a discount?

Greg Newell

At 04:21 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
>Do any of you have churches where you tune four times a year? Well, I
>guess any place for that matter...I know some of you tune same pianos each
>week or every day. But I was wondering what kind of a discount would be
>appropiate if a church wanted to be on a contract with you to have their
>piano tuned four times a year.
>

>Thanks!
>

>Matthew Todd
>Todd Piano Works