One more tuning question...

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:00:19 -0600

come on or summer and the air is about to start, then I will think of =
allowing a small amount of pitch "Float".  Rich

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alpha88x@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 8:36 AM
  Subject: One more tuning question...

  Greetings,=20

              Is one way of doing business for some tuners to just tune =
the piano "where it is"? In other words, they check the A and if its =
close enough (or even if its not close to 440 ) just tune the piano so =
that it is in tune with itself???

             And even going further, If they have a regular client, such =
as a church, to do the above mentioned thing, cleaning up unisons (so as =
to do a "bang-up" tuning) and then, on every 4th tuning or so pull it =
back up to A440 or alittle above, so they are set up to repeat the whole =
process, thereby saving themselves some time on intermittent tunings, =
yet leaving the customer believing that they are receiving an A440 =
tuning each and every time...when they aren't receiving a true tuning =
(as far as proper pitch goes) each and every time??

              Not that I would do such a thing in my practice. I do not =
condone it either. I think it is dishonest. My question is do some =
tooners do this?? is it possible?=20
     =20

  Julia=20
  Reading, PA