"Fish"....my best guess... ( saw Terry's lovely photo )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:34:40 -0800 (PST)

is that it stiffens this area of the rim so that
vibrations travelling from the board are not creating
friction, and lost as heat energy (  due to molecular
"wiggling"  )  but are more likely kicked, or
otherwise ransmitted,  back into the board. Right ?
   ( Praise Be to the Circle of Sound! )
     Thump