More Erard Pics, and a few questions

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:26:27 EST

--1dd.379a1509_alt_bound
Hi All,

I spent a few hours cleaning, lining up parts, scoping out the way the
action functions and re-tuning this Erard today.  The regulation is in  pretty
sorry shape.  I plan to go back in 3 weeks to get at least a rough  regulation
into it.  There's a website somewhere that shows all kinds of  wippens that I've
lost the URL to.  Does anyone remember where that might  be?

I am curious if anyone on this list has detached the keys from the
capstan/wippen assembly on these.  I suspect that there is a slot for one  or both pins
to slide in and out of like on a spinet elbow, but I didn't want to  force
anything before I have a clue.
Any tips at all would be extremely helpful.  Est-ce que les Francais  ici
peuvent m'aider?  Quentin, Stephane?

Lots of interesting things on this piano.  Leather key bushings for  the
balance rail (didn't see the front rail).  The one thing I didn't  photograph was
how the checks come right up through a long slot in the hammer  shank.

SIDE  VIEW

REAR OF  ACTION

DAMPERS  FROM KEYBED

--1dd.379a1509_alt_bound