More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:33:27 -0600

>What do you notice happens on these boards with the softer more
>resilient hammer when you try and get a very big forte?  Can you get
>what you want at that end of the spectrum.

In the ones I've built, there isn't quite as much
knockthebarkoffthetreesacrossthestreet raw power, but they don't distort
either. I like the trade off.

>And with that in mind.  If you decided that you wanted to build an RC&S
>board with a spring rate more like a CC board so that you could use a
>harder hammer, what would you do to achieve that?
>
>David Love

What I have been doing - making the ribs a bit stiffer. A laminated panel
would increase the progressive spring rate too.

Ron N