More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:56:43 -0500

I'm sure there would be some utility to isolating various features of piano
design and evaluating their effect (however one would do that - I guess then
we could at least argue over one thing at a time?). But I think to some
significant extent, many of the features of some of the RC&S construction
you have seen work together as a system.

In trying to evaluate why a Steinway sounds different than a Bosendorfer,
has anyone ever replaced a Steinway rim with a spruce rim? Or do we prefer
to look at the whole package and conclude when you do A, B,C, D and E
differently, it makes a different sound.

Two ways of looking at it I suppose.

Terry Farrell