"Fish"....my best guess..

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:30:11 -0500

On Feb 19, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Of COURSE the scale works as well as it can, it is exactly as the
> designer intended, what THEY wanted.

in reaction to

> Vladan wrote:
>> /
> /The models B and A - two of the
> />/ most coveted S&S pianos - have relatively uneven
> />/ tensions in the low tenor.

I think I read very recently in a mailing from Steinway that the NY S&S
B had recently incorporated some "scaling improvements" to address this
issue. I can't find a copy of it (a glossy 4 or 6 page bulletin with
tech tips from Kent Webb, John Patten, Eric S. et al.) right now though
-- anyone else have it on their desktop?

Patrick Draine