One more tuning question...

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 07:00:46 -0500

Yeah, but how do you tell? I have seen, on a few, 435 on the plate. When =
I have seen that I talk to the piano owner about it and let them decide. =
Keep in mind that 435 and 440 Hz, in the middle of the piano, is only 20 =
cents difference - well within seasonal pitch fluctuations in places =
like......... Pennsylvania!

Terry Farrell

    I also service mostly older pianos. I leave maybe one or two a year =
below A440 (rusty, breaking strings, little old lady ...

  Greetings,=20

           Some of those old uprights cannnot take being pulled up to =
A440. Some, I hear were not designed to be at A440, but at A435 and =
thats OK. They are a different case.

  Julia,=20
  Reading, PA