One more tuning question...

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:01:49 -0500

It seems like we have been through this before (likely many times). I =
really don't know that much about pitch history, but I seem to recall =
that 435 may have been common back in the late 19th Century, and even =
back then, A440 was certainly used - at least by some. But by the turn =
of the 20th Century, A440 was pretty standard. Definitely not the case =
that all or most pianos before 1920 were designed with 435 in mind. Or =
am I way off base here (my recollection is likely not what it used to =
be)?

Terry Farrell

  Pitch before 1920 was 435.  Most can take A-440 if not rusty.
  Jim
  James Grebe