Perof grand damper levers

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:51:13 +0100

Hi folks.

Just got done with a hammer replacement job on a Petrof 235 or so long
grand, about 20 years old in use at the university.  I got Andre to
acquire a set of Renner Wurzens in the original design, a bit softer
pressed then they come stock.  After the usual string leveling and
hammer mating, regulation etc.. they sounded just wonderful.  About 35
stitches in each shoulder in the bass and middle, a little less in the
top. They sound simply dynamite. And you can almost feel the resiliency
in your shoulder blades as you play. Really quite the sensation.  We'll
do a recording on it soon and I will post it.

But the reason I am writing is that I noticed that the damper levers
have swiveled wire holders for the damper wire.  Havent run into this
before, tho no doubt its not so unusual.  The wires enter a small block
with screw as usual, but that block is center pinned to the rest of the
lever so it can swivel sideways, presumably to allow for less wire
bending regulation.

Was wondering if any of you have any experience with these, and what
your thoughts are.

Cheers
RicB