ear candles?

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:56:39 -0800

> So, if you really think you have a problem with earwax, then you should s=
ee
> your doctor, or an audiologist who can check your ears, your hearing, and
> clean the wax out if that is needed.
>=20
> I have yet to hear of any doctor who prescribes medication if you have to=
> much earwax; they generally flush it out.
>=20
> Finally, the ear candling can be dangerous if the practitioner is not car=
eful,
> you can end up with a punctured eardrum.
>=20
> Diane Hofstetter

Thanks, Diane....my point was NOT that ear candling is good, or legitimate,
or a crock; it was that we=B9re so quick to condemn something out of the box
just because somebody else said it was =B3wacky=B2 or =B3alternative.=B2 Allopathic
medicine is fantastic if you need heroic/life-saving measures, or great
imaging technology, or an operation or a technical procedure.  What it does
not do is treat the causal systemic condition/s that lead to chronic
disease.  Period.

BTW, you=B9d never get me near ear candling; get away from me, you New Age
freakazoid!